By: Colleen Sullivan
As a student Twitter has provided so many different opportunities for me to stay up to speed on the healthcare marketing industry. An average Google search does not consolidate information, however Twitter allows me to see what the leaders in the healthcare industry are talking about, and what different tactics are working for healthcare providers.
Top 5 ways Twitter has helped me gain knownledge on Healthcare Marketing
1. Allows me to get information quickly: As a busy student I really enjoy how Twitter provides me with the opportunity to gain knowledge on different healthcare topics on a daily basis. By creating lists on Twitter I have narrowed down healthcare providers in the Denver area. As the healthcare industry becomes more competitive, Twitter provides me with the opportunity to look at the different healthcare providers and see what they are doing to set themselves apart in the industry.
The Twitter tweets that resonate with me when I follow different sources are Kaiser Permanete and Centura Health. Kaiser and Centura both share new developments in their hospital, however they also offer nutritious facts, and inspirational messages for their followers which I’ve noticed sets them apart from their competitors.
2. Twitter is the Nucleus of Social Media: I like to think of Twitter as the nucleus of social media. Twitter connects users to various social media platform. Keeping up with the many different types of social media can get overwhelming, however I have found that Twitter can be used as a home base for social media.
I have really enjoyed how YouTube complements Twitter. When I was doing research on effective healthcare messages I found a very helpful video YouTube video. This video explains how complicated healthcare messages do not resonate with patients. With the use of hashtags and at mentions Twitter allowed me to share this information quickly and effectively.
3. Twitter allows healthcare providers to connect with their consumers: Just like any business, healthcare providers look for ways to improve customer service. Twitter allows businesses to directly connect with dissatisfied customers. Twitter provides businesses the opportunity to position themselves as a personal and relatable.
As a student I am interested in learning how companies respond to negative customer experiences. Comcast is an example of how they have used Twitter to connect with dissatisfied customers. Even though Comcast is not a healthcare provider, they have created a twitter account to respond to negative customer experiences to humanize their brand.
4. Gains my knowledge on healthcare marketing: Before creating a Twitter account I had basic resources to search for information on healthcare marketing. With Twitter I have had the ability to follow influencers and read about various marketing tactics.
Creating lists allows me to separate healthcare providers in Colorado and Digital Marketing which has helped me gather information more effectively.
5. Twitter has provided me with a unique selling point: As I embark on my job search I have found that Twitter has provided me with a unique way to demonstrate what I am continuously learning. Twitter has the ability to connect with various social media platforms that allows me to share my blog posts, articles on healthcare marketing and so much more.
Take-away: Twitter has been an excellent source for gathering information quickly and effectively. Twitter helps me sync with different social media platforms. I have learned how businesses use to Twitter to connect with consumers. It has helped me gain knowledge on healthcare marketing, and finally it provides me with a unique selling point.
Set up your own Twitter today! How to set up a twitter account